Welcome to the Abbey House Medical Practice
If you are concerened about Coronavirus, please visit the link below for the most up to date information:
The NHS and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The current risk to the general public is moderate.
You can help too.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze.
- Bin the tissue, and to kill germs, wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- If you have arrived back from an affected area within the last 14 days and develop symptoms of cough or fever or shortness of breath, you should immediately:
- Stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with flu.
- Call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the country.
This is the best way to slow the spread of almost any germs, including Coronavirus.
More information including a list of affected areas is avalaible by logging on to:http://gov.uk/coronavirus
Salaried GP Vacancy
We have a vacancy for a salaried GP. Visit our recruitment page for details.
Welcome to our new website
Read our news page...
Other News and Information
Patient Participation Group
Did you know we have a Patient Participation Group?
The purpose of the Patient Participation Group is to help us access and use your ideas for new projects, and gaining your views as to how the practice can improve and develop.Patient Group Page
Our lifestyles can be more unhealthy than we think. Start the fight back to a healthier you. Take the One You quiz and see how you score.
One You is here to help you get back to a healthier you. Take our quiz to see how you score.
Self Help Advice and Tools
Visit Self Help
111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It’s fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals.
Visit NHS 111
How likely are you to recommend this Surgery to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment? Please spend 2 minutes to take the Friends and Family Test.
Take the Test
The NHS website. Take control of your health and wellbeing. Get medical advice, information about healthcare services and support for a healthy life.
Patient is one of the most trusted medical resources online, supplying evidence based information on a wide range of medical and health topics to patients and health professionals.